Top 80 Economics Research Topics for Undergraduate & Graduate Students
Find your topic among the best suggestions from our economics research paper topics.
New Options and Emphases in Choosing Economics Research Paper Topics
The modern economy’s laws and rules are increasingly different from what we knew 10 years ago. New calculation systems, new cryptocurrencies, and new environmental, social, and military problems. All this changes the very idea of choosing economics research topics. You will have to reiterate the theory and remove outdated principles that do not work, decide on the prospects of your research, and assume how the economy will develop in this or that area. Only then you can start the research, prepare a research proposal, and write a paper itself.
General Rules of Choosing Economics Topics for Research
The first thing you need to do is determine in which area of economics you want to conduct research and outline for yourself a prospective list of economics topics for research. Afterward, you can use the following tip to stay on track and continue working on a paper.
- Clearly define your research area and draw the key issues.
- Make your topic more specific & narrow, and state the research question.
- Make sure that the chosen topics for economic research paper are relevant.
- Be sure that the theme is of interest to you and has enough materials.
- Study the rules and requirements of the research proposal economics.
- Start with a paper outline and drafts you can use later to shape a paper you’ll submit.
Understanding how your economics research proposal should look is a huge part of your success. We suggest you familiarize yourself with an excellent sample research proposal in economics to clearly understand the rules and principles of design and the content of the work.
Each proposal should be unique, even if you create several papers simultaneously. This way, copying the example is a bad idea, but this can greatly help when you seek visuals to learn how to structure a paper and what to include.
Easy-to-Write Economics Research Topics for Undergraduates
These are general economics research topics for undergraduates on which it is relatively easy to find information and up-to-date data. They can also be used as economics research paper topics for PhD students with more in-depth coverage of each issue.
- Analysis and Prioritization of Factors Affecting Unemployment in Modern Society
- The Effects of Globalization on National Economies
- The Effects of Inflation on the Purchasing Power of the Population
- Economic Aspects of Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability
- The Function of Central Banks in Administering Monetary Policy
- Increasing Taxes and Their Influence on Economic Development
- The Prospect of Public Investment in Infrastructure Development
- The Relationship Between Education and Economic Growth
- The Effect of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the World Economy in 2022-2023
- Effect of Artificial Intelligence and Technical Innovation Development on the Labor Market
- Investments in Research as a Factor of Long-Term Economic Growth
- Analysis of the Real Estate Market and Housing Policy
- Effectiveness of Small Business Development Loans
- The Effect of Demographic Changes on the Pension and Insurance System
- Comprehensive Analysis of the Energy Market and Sustainable Energy Sources
- Effectiveness and Prospects of Developing Programs to Combat Poverty and Social Inequality
- The Role of Corporate Social Responsibility in the Modern Economy
- Analysis of the Healthcare Market and Medical Expenses
- Study of the Effectiveness of Agricultural Subsidy Programs
- The Effect of Trade Wars on the World Economy and Markets
Note that these research subjects may overlap with other fields. So feel free also to seek inspiration in related areas like the business research proposal section or sociology.
Contemporary Behavioral Economics Research Topics
In the era of mass consumption, behavioral economics research topics arise almost out of thin air. We suggest you consider the following proposal ideas.
- The Psychology of Consumer Debt and Credit Behavior
- The Influence of Social Media on Citizens’ Financial Decisions
- The Loss Effect and Its Role in the Investment Strategies of Entrepreneurs
- Emotional Aspects of Financial Decisions
- The Impact of Insurance on Health and Safety Decisions
- The Effect of Social Environment on Consumer Decisions
- Analyzing People’s Consumer Decisions Through the Prism of Poverty and Social Inequality
- The Influence of Cultural Aspects on Economic Behavior
- Exploring the Phenomenon of Consumer Loyalty in Marketing Strategies
- The Role of Emotions in Investing and Lending
- General Analysis of Financial Decisions of Youth and Students
- The Influence of Medical History and Psychological Factors on Retirement Saving Decisions
- Stress and Fear and Their Impact on Consumer Decisions
- A Study of Current Trends in Consumer Behavior in the Online Environment
- The Role of Influencers and Bloggers in Cryptocurrency Investments
- Effectiveness of Financial Education Programs and Their Impact on Financial Behavior
- The Influence of Gender Aspects on Economic Behavior
- Psychological Aspects of Consumption and Healthy Lifestyle
- The Relationship Between Consumer Preferences and the Quality of Education
- The Psychology of Consumption and Sustainability
You can choose one of these options or use these research topics for economics proposals to develop unique ideas for your paper.
Current Topics for Economic Research Paper on Environmental Issues
Modern economics is closely connected with almost all developing areas, including the study of environmental problems. Here are some current research topics in economics that will make your work on the project exciting and give you some points for the problem’s relevance.
- The Effect of Climate Change on the Business
- Modern Aspects of Sustainable Development and Green Growth
- Effectiveness of Financial Mechanisms in Regulating Pollution and Emissions
- Management of Natural Resources and Biodiversity
- Aspects of Renewable Energy Sources and Transition to Green Energy
- The Impact of Environmental Crises on Financial Markets and the Stability of Alternative Investments
- Efficiency of Policies to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- The Role of Economics in Climate Change Adaptation
- Analysis of Waste Management and Recycling
- Analysis of the Effectiveness of Nature Conservation Zone Support
- Effectiveness of Modern Assessing Damage From Environmental Disaster Mechanisms
- An Integrated Analysis of Water Management
- The Impact of the Environment on Economic Behavior
- Analysis of the Effectiveness of Environmental Taxes and Fees
- The Impact of Environmental Certifications and Labeling on Consumer Demand
- Analysis of the Impact of Air Pollution on Healthcare Costs
- The Role of Environmental Infrastructure Projects in the Regional Economy
- Benefits of Material Recovery and Recycling
- Analysis of Environmental Standards and Regulations
- The Impact of Environmental Innovations and Technologies on the Environment
These topics for economics research paper and proposals are excellent in understanding the wide range of possible problems that can be investigated in your paper.
Good Topics for Economics Research Proposal on International Affairs
- Globalization on National Economies
- Modern Analysis of International Trade and Foreign Direct Investment
- International Organizations in the World Economy
- Aspects of International Financial Crises and Its Impact
- The Impact of International Sanctions on Countries
- The Influence of Global Migration on Employment Markets
- Economic Integration and Regional Trade Agreements
- The Impact of International Energy Policies on the Global Economy
- The Role of International Currencies and Exchange Rates
- Analysis of Global Environmental Issues and Climate Change
- The Effect of World Events on the Economy
- Nuances of Intercontinental Technological Cooperation and Innovation
- International Relations and Development of the Service Sector
- The Function of Global Banks and Financial Institutions Within the International Financial System
- Aspects and the Development of the International Tourism Industry
- Impact of International Agreements on Intellectual Property Rights
- The Effect of Commodity and Energy Costs on Worldwide Inflation Rates
- The Implications of Global Digital Transformation and E-commerce
- The Role of International Aid in the Global Economy
- The Effectiveness of International Strategies to Combat Corruption and Illegal Activities
Complex Assistance in Writing Research Proposal
Choosing a suitable theme can decide how successful all your work will be, especially for a research proposal PhD economics, so give this task enough time. Feel free to use our topics in your economics PhD proposal. However, if you need more help, contact us, and our experienced proposal writers will offer you a unique and relevant theme with an economics research proposal outline to use in your paper further.